Faktor penyebab jerawat.
Causes Of Acne
1. Hormones. Hormones is the number one cause of acne which is the production of sex hormones known as androgen that starts at puberty. This perfectly explains why the majority of acne sufferers are adolescents. Hormones is the main player for acne flare-ups during the times of menstruation and pregnancy.
2. Birth Control Pills. Beginning to take or stopping birth control pills may cause acne.
3. When the sebaceous gland gets turned on by androgens, it manufactures additional sebum. In its travel up the follicle toward the surface, the sebum conmingles with dead skin cells and skin bacteria that have been cast from the follicle’s lining. This process is absolutely normal, but the presence of more sebum in the follicle raises the probability of clogging to occur, and which then causes acne.
4. Stress. In certain tense circumstances, stress may cause the production of hormones like cortisol, which can worsen an acne condition. Stress puts into affect different hormone levels. When these hormone levels change the body commands the skins oil glands to expand, and which then secrete extra oil. This chain of “events” causes black heads, white heads, and pimples.
5. Oily or Heavy Make Up. Heavy make-up has the ability to clog pores, while oily make-ups add additional oil; these things only contribute to the problem if oily skin is already present. Cosmetics to avoid are certain moisturizers, pomades, particularly the ones carrying petrolatum, oleic acid, vegetable oils, lanolin, butyl stearate, and lauryl alcohol.
6. Other drugs such lithium is known to cause acne.
7. Cosmetics. Greasy cosmetics can change the cells of the follicles and make them stick together; this produces a plug.
8. Too High a Dosage of Vitamins. Vitamins are good for a healthy body, but taking an excess of vitamins B1, B6 and B12 may cause acne flare-ups. These vitamins are great for healthy-looking skin, but avoid overuse.
9. Diet. A diet that is high in refined carbohydrates and sugars can actually worsen an acne condition for some people.
10. Over Abrasive Cleansing. Harsh exfoliators could in fact harm your skin and spread infections.
11. Picking and Squeezing. These hard to resist actions can send the infection deeper into the skin and cause scarring to occur.
12. Environmental Factors like High Humidity and Pollution. High humidity causes the skin to swell. Pollution is bad not only for skin but for your overall health.
13. Genes. Family members can be acne sufferers. In this case, acne is inherited. For example, cystic acne generally comes from heredity. ”
sumber : acneway.com